POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.animations : wripple (124k bup) : Re: wripple (124k bup) Server Time
20 Jul 2024 11:22:51 EDT (-0400)
  Re: wripple (124k bup)
From: Remco de Korte
Date: 1 Feb 2001 16:19:07
Message: <3A79D232.8C7C423C@xs4all.nl>
Marc-Hendrik Bremer wrote:

> One optimisation could be to reduce your containing box. If I see it
> correct, it is way to big in the y-direction, since 1+sin(x)/2 and
> 1+cos(y)/2
> can each not be more than 1.5. Both can't be less than 0.5. So you can
> reduce your container box to y*1 and y*4, perhaps even more, but I'm not
> that familiar with a threshold of 1. That will save you some rendertime.
>
> Marc-Hendrik

Thanks for the hint. I didn't think it would matter much but I expect if you
think about it would. I was already worried about the speed. Then I tried to do
the same with a tiled mesh and rendering was much much faster but it took ages
to parse (and the result was less subtle).

Remco
http://www.xs4all.nl/~remcodek/